Monday, June 23, 2008

Being Transformed

Looking back over many years I can see how different and yes even perfectly good things had become functional gods in my life. Sometimes I think out of pure loneliness these things can begin to fill the place in our hearts that belong to God.
I think for me that is the case. Father forgive me, you have every right to be a jealous God. You are my creator, my redeemer, my provider. You deserve my total devotion. May everything I do today bring glory to you.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I found your blog of the Siestas for Him forum...nice blog site...

Now, something you said in your post I relate with and I appreciate your wording about functional gods coming out of "pure lonliness". I completely agree. The way you sid this brings new light to my wondering "why" I keep going back to the same source of comfort that will not completely brin the peace and satisfaction my soul is longing for...

Thanks for your insight.

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I am doing the No Other gods study with some other ladies, but I checked the Siestas For HIM site and saw you post.

I think this is a great way to just share your heart and your testimony and what a close walk with HIM truly means.

As Beth says often, "Unveiled faces"....let HIM use you mightily!

Blessings,
Teri