Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

I'm so glad I didn't throw this out......About a week ago I was going through the girls books and cleaning them out, sorting them and passing Portia's books on to Paris that she has out grown. I came across a book of the story of Easter that had been damaged by water. Well being the perfectionist that I am I thought I would throw it out and by a new book on the subject. After thinking it over for a minute I realized that it was so close to Easter that I might as well just set it out on the counter and go over the story with the girls when I got the chance....

Well, Portia saw it on the counter and picked it up. She read the title and then opened the book. She flipped through a few pages and then puzzled..she looked at me and said.....Grammy, I don't get it, what has this got to do with Easter? I just stood there and starred at her for a minute letting it sink in what she was really asking me..... Then I said, are you kidding me? Portia grinned with her cute grin and said no, I mean there are no Easter baskets or eggs or bunnies or anything like that in this book so what does it have to do with Easter? I couldn't believe it. I knew Portia knew the story of the gospel, she has excepted Christ as her savior and even asked to be baptised last summer but what I had never realized was that she had never connected the two together. Easter and Christ dieing on the cross and rising from the dead on the third day. She knew he had died for our sins on the cross she just never knew that that IS Easter.

The truth is that this IS the truth! People, friends, family listen to the voice of reason. Truth is always truth, either Jesus is who He said he is or He was just a mere man. And if He is who He said He is then there is only one way to get to Heaven and that is through Him......The truth about Easter is absolute.

It can change your life....
The truth about Jesus and His mercy and grace changes me a little more every day.....Easter baskets are cute, chocolate bunnies are yummy, fake grass gets all over the house........Time with family is precious and comforting to get together and eat all the food that is so familiar to us, it's fun to watch the kids hunt for the eggs that all the guys have hidden but don't forget what Easter is all about and if you don't know for yourself then seek out the TRUTH for it never changes. It makes ALL the difference in the end!
Happy Easter! "HE IS RISEN"

You just never know what God will use to teach us. IF you will submit your will to him He will use you in ways you never imagined. He is using me to teach a direct these darling grand children of mine. Portia has now read the story of Easter and also read about it in her bible...I took this opportunity and took her to a Good Friday service and we took communion together. It was special. Now she gets it! :o) Thank You Lord! Amen

The little book that is water damaged.


1 comment:

Paula said...

What a wonderful post, Susan... I agree with you totally! I also think it's amazing how God let you put that book out for Portia to see so she COULD know the truth... that it isn't about bunnies, candy and new clothes. Thanks for sharing!