Thursday, March 11, 2010

New adventures and a new horse


Wow, I can't believe that its been 9 months since I posted last....I have sat down several times but just couldn't bring myself to write anything. Oh well, on to new things! This is a picture of Honey. She is my new filly that DeWayne bought for me for our 35th wedding aniv. :o)
She is so sweet and is going to grow into a very big beautiful mare. She will be fun! I think she is supposed to help fill the whole in my heart that was made back in December when we lost one of our bloved horses Casper due to colic. He had been a family member for 13 years.
The kids are going to join 4-H this year so we will be raising 3 lambs for them to show and sell at the fair. This is going to be fun for all of us! I will get lots of pictures and this should make for lots of stuff to blog about! LOL

2 comments:

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

I "stumbled" on your blog from another. I have enjoyed looking around and getting to "know" you. I think that is great your grandkids will be starting 4-H this year. I look forward to "hearing" about some of their adventures.
Christine

Mountain Mama said...

Yea, the chore part about the horses we don't miss but we are out there doing the chickens, goats, llama etc so we might as well be doing horses. :)

Your filly is beautiful! She will be fun and keep you busy (like you aren't already). Abbi wants a palomino.

Email me and I can tell you what we do for homeschooling. ashley@bigcanyon.org
blessings,
ashley