Thursday, June 25, 2009

HE PLUCKS ME OUT OF THE DESERT

If you have a personal relationship with the God of this Universe "Jesus Christ" then you probably know what it is like to go through times when you just can't seem to connect with God or due to the pain that this fallen world may have inflicted on you sometimes you may even feel dead inside. I know I have. It is called "The Desert" and even though I now know that it is a place of growth it is not a fun place to be.

I have a promise bible that I read from each morning before I work on my bible study. It is called "The Complete Personalized Promise Bible" by James Riddle. It lists every promise in the bible from Genesis to Revelation. It is called "personalized" because after each scripture it gives a declaration of faith which helps you to apply its meaning to your own life. I am enjoying it!...........................This was one mornings devotion that I really liked, It showed me how my loving Father looked for me and pulled me out of the desert place.

Deuteronomy 32:10-13 AMP

He found him in the desert land, in the howling void of the wilderness; He kept circling around him, He scanned him (penetratingly), He kept him as the pupil of His eye. As an eagle that stirs up her nest, that flutters over her young, He spread abroad His wings and He took them, He bore them on His pinions. So the Lord alone led him; there was no foreign god with Him. He made Israel ride on the high places of the earth, and he ate the increase of the fields; and He made him suck honey out of the rock and oil out of the flinty rock.

The Declaration Of Faith

My heavenly father found me in a desert place and pulled me from a barren wilderness. He encompassed me and drew me unto Himself so that I may find refuge in His arms. He keeps watch over me with an unfailing devotion and guards me as the apple of His eye. As an eagle stirs up her nest and hovers over her young, He spreads His wings about me and bears me up in His pinions. The Lord alone is my direction. He leads me and guides me in my way. He makes me to ride upon the high places of the earth. He bids to eat from His abundance. He gives me honey from the rock and oil from the flinty crag. He is my Lord and my Savior. He continually watches over me so that I may enjoy the fullness of every good thing that life has to offer.

(Isaiah 43: 19-21; Psalm 17:8; 27:11; 34:10; 91:1-4; 103:1-5; Genesis 28:10-22; 2 Peter 1:3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post Susan--as much as we (I) go on about my daily life, busying myself with distractions, it is important to get some reminders as often as possible. Thanks.