Monday, August 15, 2011

Give Blood

Give Blood



I gave blood today for the very first time....
Because I have 0 negative blood type they were happy to see me..It seems that it is a universal blood type and they can spin it down and use it for most people. Everyone else gave 1 unit of blood but not me, Oh no, they have a special way to collect my blood type and get 2 units of blood.  :o) I'm glad I did it!



To learn more about blood donation opportunities, visit www.redcrossblood.org/ or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733 2767).

Every minute of every day, someone needs blood. That blood can only come from a volunteer donor, a person like you who makes the choice to donate. There is no substitute for your donation.

When you make a blood donation, you join a very select group. Currently only 3 out of every 100 people in America donate blood.

From its beginning, the American Red Cross has formed a community of service, of generous, strong and decent people bound by beliefs beyond themselves. The American Red Cross blood donor embodies this principle. Please join us in our mission to maintain a safe and stable blood supply by making your appointment to donate blood today.

To find out where you can donate, visit www.redcrossblood.org/ or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733 2767).



No comments: